A Happy New Year to all endurance athletes. Despite all the Ice and Snow we have managed to train even on the dark nights. We even went up the Pike in deep snow on a Saturday afternoon and also we went up the Pike a couple of times in the dark when the snow was at its deepest wearing head torches. Hopefully we will still be attending the Cross Country races in readiness for the forth coming fell season.
I have decided that this year we will center our efforts on the English Junior championships and these along with three other races will make up our Junior Fell Championship. Rules are as before : 10 points for first Horwich, 9 points for second Horwich, down to 1 point for 10th Horwich. To qualify for an award runners must do a minimum of 3 races to be eligable for an award at the end of the season, with each runners best six races counting overall. The races are as below.
- April 3rd Rivington Pike Junior Races 1.00p.m Winners aplenty last year.
- April 24th Anniversary Waltz Cumbria 11.30 a.m Entry by 22nd by Web Site only
- May 3rd Coiners Yorkshire 10.15 a.m
- May 8th Belmont 12.30 p.m Greater Manchester Championships.
- May 31st Shutlingsloe Cheshire 12 .00 p.m
- June 19th Clougha Pike Lancashire 1.00 p.m We were the Boys Team Champions last year!
- June 27th Arnison ( uphill only ) Cumbria 1.00 p.m Two silver medals last year can we do better?
- Aug 4th Whittle Pike Lancashire 6.45 p.m
- Aug 21st Darwen Gala Lancashire 12.45 p.m Medals to be won in the Lancs Championships
All of the above races make up our Junior Championships but another race worth thinking about doing is the Ilkley Moor races on 21st Feb with junior races for U/8 to U/16. Race distances are .5 mls U/8 up to U/16 1ml and over/16 they do 2 mls.Venue is Wells Road, Ilkley 10.30 a.m starts.
Most of the races have a senior race so everyone can compete if they want to. Also there is a Gala or Village Fete at most of these events, so its a good day out for all the family. Hopefully we can have a get together at Pizza Hut with Friday February 5th being sounded out. If you fancy it give your name to Tony.
Good running Tony & Brenda
Tel 01204 668183