Horwich Harriers are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For any personal data you provide for the purposes of your membership, Horwich Harriers is the Data Controller and is responsible for storing and otherwise processing that data in a fair, lawful, secure and transparent way.
What personal data we hold on you
You may give us information about you by filling in forms at an event or online, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register with the Club, subscribe to our newsletter, or participate in discussion boards on our website and social media pages. The information you give us may include your name, date of birth, address, e-mail address, phone number, name of the EA affiliated Clubs with which you are registered and gender.
Why we need your personal data
The reason we need your Athletics Data is to be able to administer your membership, and provide the membership services you are signing up to when you register with the club. Our lawful basis for processing your personal is that we have a contractual obligation to you as a member to provide the services you are registering for.
Reasons we need to process your data include:
For training and competition entry
- sharing personal data with club coaches or officials to administer training sessions;
- sharing personal data with club team managers to enter events;
- sharing personal data with facility providers to manage access to the track or check delivery standards; and
- sharing personal data with leagues, county associations (and county schools’ associations) and other competition providers for entry in events.
For funding and reporting purposes
- sharing anonymised data with a funding partner as condition of grant funding e.g. Local Authority;
- analysing anonymised data to monitor club trends; and
- sending an annual club survey to improve your experience as a club member
For membership and club management
- processing of membership forms and payments;
- sharing data with committee members to provide information about club activities, membership renewals or invitation to social events;
- club newsletter promoting club activity; and
- publishing of race and competition results